Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What Writers Do When They're Bored

I mentioned a few posts back that I wanted to put a role in my new novel for actress Veronica Cartwright. That started me thinking about who I would cast in the movie version of All the Back Roads Home. So, without further ado, here is the IMDB listing for the A-List Feature Version of All the Back Roads Home:

Samantha Lawson: Ashley Judd
Mark Hunter: James Denton
Alan Lawson: Oliver Platt
Kattrina West: Dana Ivey
Frank West: Beau Bridges
Marion Lawson: Ellen Burstyn
Edward Lawson:
Celeste Lawson: Kristin Chenoweth
Mitch Williams:
Lou Mancetti:
Dr. Charles Ganault: Stanley Tucci

I chose Ashley Judd because she has that awesome mix of vulnerability and pure strength. James Denton because he's hot in a regular guy sort of way. Oliver Platt and Kristin Chenoweth as Alan and Celeste, simply because I think they'd bring a levity to the procedings. Dana Ivey and Beau Bridges as the Wests--Dana because she can play the complex mix of evil and frailty needed for Kattrina West, and Beau Bridges because he looks like he'd be such a nice guy--which would only make the character scarier. I'm still on the fence about Edward, Mitch and Lou, but Ellen Burstyn and Stanley Tucci are shoe-ins. Honestly, I'd create a part for Stanley Tucci.

No comments:

Post a Comment